Sunday, December 4, 2011

The big issue















This lo has pictures from when we took the church youth into Manchester city centre to distribute care packages to the homeless or vulnerably housed Big Issue sellers on a cold December evening.
This eastern European lady had a whole stack of unsold magazines at 5.30pm whereas her English counterparts had just one or two magazines left. There was a strong Anti Eastern European immigrant feeling in the natives at that time and she was really struggling. My son touched by her story  gave her the £20 note he had taken with him to buy himself something on the way home.
She wept with gratitude and praised God calling for him to bless our family I was humbled by her attitude and my son's giving when I had not done so.
On our return home my son's lizard had laid her first clutch of eggs.The baby lizards when hatched he sold to the pet shop for £10 each. In the next 18 months my son sold over 100 lizards to the pet shop and  became pretty rich on it, he who was so free with his giving was blessed so that he has more than enough to have for himself and to continue to give to all good causes.

I made this using my CFK November kit, I made the embellishments from a left over disposable coffee cup which we used on the day. All the journalling is hidden behind the photos.


7 comments:

  1. Brilliant page and heart-warming story Jane - got to go wipe a tear away now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page and better still when told with your story - I'm very impressed with your recycled embellishments, they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great story and well worth the telling. God always rewards a cheerful giver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice layout, but the amazing story behind it makes it an extraordinary layout! So very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Christmas message for us all. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish I was as good as you at handmade embellishments. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made your own embellies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment I love to hear from you it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)