Sunday, June 10, 2012

Being British (a tale of British Brainwashing, eccentricity, thunderstorms and shorts)


Being British, even though I now live in South Australia I lived in the UK for the first 39 years of my life, I set about thinking what British aspect I wanted to record on my lo. Having watched the highlights of the Jubilee celebrations I realised exactly what I should do, inspired particularly by the choir on the musical barge belting out Land of Hope and Glory in the pouring rain with their hair stuck to their faces. The British really are eccentric they have to do things in spite of weather or they really would do nothing at all.

I found these photos of us standing in a thunderstorm preparing to run a "Fun Run" in Manchester and realised how the British are (fortunately) forcibly brainwashed to "Make the best of it" whatever the weather.




I had lots of small paper pieces and lots of them were very busy so I used them to make bunting and I added the CSI Printables to my kit too. I covered the hideous "bikini babe"  bottle top and used it for a centre piece. 





I have completed this for the CSI challenge and the evidence I have used is corrugated paper (I dug out the little machine from the back of the cupboard) and the Chevron pattern which I hand cut from some "plaid" paper.


My journaling includes childhood memories obviously for my kids but also for both me and my dh of enforced walking in the rain when we were young as part of the British brainwashing process!

This lo also meets the criteria for the weekly UKS challenge (lots of Journaling, red white and blue more than 2 photos) and and so I am happily claiming 30 points for the Scrappycats Team.

10 comments:

  1. I just love this!! Your journaling is fabulous as is the customised bottle cap :0) You did make me laugh.....we have finally got some sun today!!!! Hooray :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great Jane, love all the journaling and the pretty little bunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story to tell! Love the bottlecap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I recognise the brainwashing! I have some of the best times when I'm out there in the rain just doing what I should be doing!!!!! Love this layout and it has me thinking about my challenge layout I need to do later today. From one expat Brit to another, FAB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous-and I love how you used those printables!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful journalling Jane - do you miss the rain?
    Love the bunting and the re-purposed bottle cap - great page :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that the whole story is written out - what a fab page - you've done the Brits proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful story! The layout looks absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful page...great story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment I love to hear from you it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)